Friday, October 2, 2009

The Unkown

They come wanting my soul
What should I do?
They engulf me in their terror
Where should I go?
Their eyes are black with pain
Their bodies are as cold as winters day.
They hover over me like hummingbirds
Do they know I can see them?
Can they forever remain unknown?
She stands still.
Shading under a tree
Hiding her body from the scorching sun
What is she afraid of?
He lays flat in the sky
Looking down on me with questioning eyes
I stare involuntarily at him
Dismissing his every thought



What are they?
What do they want?
Neither human nor animal, yet with similar features.
Will they hurt me if they knew?
My memories fill me with pain.
My eyes are cold and darken from fear and mistreatment.
My heart is as cold as ice from hatred.
Are they...?

No comments: